Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 1 Day Ago
jay31 jay31 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
I hope the lack of Carr = schoolwork demands. He could also be resting up for Nick Lee. Enquiring minds and such!

GO ILLINI!!!

P.S. Thanks for the scouting report on the guys warming up, Jay. I was just going to place a bet on the ILLINI.
Let me preface this by saying a guy should be able to sit and watch his team’s dual away from the team bench without being scrutinized by slack-jawed yokels in attendance. With that out of the way I noticed Carr was sitting away from the team and coughing into his sleeve a lot so that was probably the issue. Not sure what that means for the big matchup Sunday.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 1 Day Ago
jay31 jay31 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 177
A couple other observations:

Welsh-Ryan upgrades look really good. However I dont understand the concept of having one whole side of the seating blocked off. Also for the goofy looking NW coach that bad-mouthed Huff last year maybe you could get the edges of your mats to lie flat on the floor instead of curling up a foot in the air.

During the Duncan match I didnt see what happened but Heff was talking to the ref and the ref said “i understand your frustration and i’m sorry” and heff said something like if you are sorry you are in the wrong profession and the word horseshit may have been used. On the final escape attempt may have been a make up call but i dont think the NW guy got out anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 1 Day Ago
626386 626386 is online now
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15
Well on the bright side there’s no place to go but up from here.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 1 Day Ago
Red Turban Red Turban is offline
Double stud
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,709
Due to our roster limitations, we are not a consistent dual team, but we are a very good one on any given day. Congrats to the Cats. I didn't think we'd be able to put out a strong enough lineup to win this dual.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 1 Day Ago
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by 626386 View Post
Well on the bright side there’s no place to go but up from here.
That's true.

As Daddyman said, though, with Gunther and Carr in the lineup, that's very likely a win for the ILLINI, even with the Andre Lee pin, and even with Carr only scoring a major over McKenna.

I know that's shoulda, woulda and coulda, which are the Three Stooges of arguments, but I'm mostly, right now, hoping that Carr and Gunther are good to go for the Big Ten Tournament. If Carr is coughing now, I certainly wouldn't wrestle him on Sunday.


I would bump up Parker to wrestle Bo (if he wanted to) for the fun of it!


On the bright side, ILLINI recruit Luke Luffman is going for his third state championship. He's in the Finals. D.J. Shannon just won an International Open for Juniors. Danny Pucino is in the ILLINOIS state finals along with Luffman, and he had to beat ILLINI recruit Fabian Lopez to get there, who had to beat ILLINI recruit Domenic Zaccone. E'lan Heard will wrestle in the Ohio state championships in March.

And then there's the ILLINOIS Regional Training Center.

It was recently announced that both IMAR and Zane Richards will be representing the United States at the World Cup. That's a very impressive coup for the IRTC and for the wrestlers. Also, it gives ILLINI fans something to look forward to after the college season.


GO ILLINI!!!

Last edited by ChiefIllini1; 1 Day Ago at 06:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 1 Day Ago
Red Turban Red Turban is offline
Double stud
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,709
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
That's true.

As Daddyman said, though, with Gunther and Carr in the lineup, that's very likely a win for the ILLINI, even with the Andre Lee pin, and even with Carr only scoring a major over McKenna.

I know that's shoulda, woulda and coulda, which are the Three Stooges of arguments, but I'm mostly, right now, hoping that Carr and Gunther are good to go for the Big Ten Tournament. If Carr is coughing now, I certainly wouldn't wrestle him on Sunday.


I would bump up Parker to wrestle Bo (if he wanted to) for the fun of it!


On the bright side, ILLINI recruit Luke Luffman is going for his third state championship. He's in the Finals. D.J. Shannon just won an International Open for Juniors. Danny Pucino is in the ILLINOIS state finals along with Luffman, and he had to beat ILLINI recruit Fabian Lopez to get there, who had to beat ILLINI recruit Domenic Zaccone. E'lan Heard will wrestle in the Ohio state championships in March.

And then there's the ILLINOIS Regional Training Center.

It was recently announced that both IMAR and Zane Richards will be representing the United States at the World Cup. That's a very impressive coup for the IRTC and for the wrestlers. Also, it gives ILLINI fans something to look forward to after the college season.


GO ILLINI!!!

Northwestern will still have a better team for the next 2-3 years. And injuries are a part of sports. Shoulda coulda has no place in elite athletics.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 23 Hours Ago
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turban View Post
Northwestern will still have a better team for the next 2-3 years. And injuries are a part of sports. Shoulda coulda has no place in elite athletics.
That's a pretty mild rebuke for as much **** as I've been talking. You are a Gentleman, Sir! Of course, I am sorely disappointed with the result of the dual. However, with Poeta, IMAR and Medlin (we should start calling him "Merlin," no?) added to the original brain trust, I'm LOVING where the ILLINI are going. Cheers and ...

GO ILLINI!!!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 23 Hours Ago
Red Turban Red Turban is offline
Double stud
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,709
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
That's a pretty mild rebuke for as much **** as I've been talking. You are a Gentleman, Sir! Of course, I am sorely disappointed with the result of the dual. However, with Poeta, IMAR and Medlin (we should start calling him "Merlin," no?) added to the original brain trust, I'm LOVING where the ILLINI are going. Cheers and ...

GO ILLINI!!!

Can't go too hard when I have a Illini son also lol. I was secretly eyeballing some sweet looking Illinois gear in the stands that I need to add to my collection.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.