Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 02-16-2020
Olympian

Barrington Sectional

The unforgettable highlight was Luke Rasmussen getting the takedown of David Ferrante with 2 seconds remaining to secure a 4-3 victory. Luke has had an incredible year. It seems that he has used the disappointing ending of last year when he came within a match of placing, as motivation to accept nothing short of a state championship this year. At the same, Ferrante came back in impressive style to win his next two matches without seeing a second period in either. I was also so impressed by the successful showing by Prospect HS. With 5 going to state and the dominant performances of Will Baysinger and Jack Milos. Everytime I have seen Milos, Barrington and Prospect Tournaments, and now at sectional, he has completely dominated his opponents. His mat wrestling is superb and what i am enjoy the most is that he is never satisfied with the takedown. He is always going for back points and pins.
Old 02-16-2020
Varsity

Wondering how bad the Dundee 45lber was hurt? Didn't look good when they carried him off.
Old 02-16-2020
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWF23 View Post
Wondering how bad the Dundee 45lber was hurt? Didn't look good when they carried him off.
My wife was able to speak to him and his mother as they left. He is hoping that the injury is not as bad as it appeared and he will be able to wrestle. He will probably know in a few days.
Old 02-16-2020
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWF23 View Post
My wife was able to speak to him and his mother as they left. He is hoping that the injury is not as bad as it appeared and he hopes that he will be able to wrestle. He will probably know in a few days.
Old 02-16-2020

Vandervere/Harrier semi was a barnburner. Hope to see that one again next week as well as Rasmussen/Ferrante
Old 02-16-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensivefall View Post
Vandervere/Harrier semi was a barnburner. Hope to see that one again next week as well as Rasmussen/Ferrante

What did people think of the late first period takedown for Vandervere? Is this two?

Look at 2:40 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thLiEf3hLDY&t=162s
Old 02-16-2020

Wrestling for Saturday

Based on my observations from the Sectional there are several wrestlers that will be standing on the podium on Saturday of the state series; including several state champions. I am thoroughly impressed with Baysinger!! As a freshmen he wrestles with the confidence, determination, and patience of a senior. Milos has hips from hell and lets face it hips win. Only Vanderere has better hips them him and I would not be surprised if both win state championships. Heard is a beast at 152 and it will take the A game of any opponent to best him right now. Ramussen and Ferrante will meet again in the finals, but I think this time the result win be much different; it won't come down to a last second take down by either wrestler. Jake Harrier will have the toughest route to a state championship but I wish him all the best!! Very few have the same class and character as Jake; one of them being Danny who will not be wrestling in this state series. Hope everyone has a create state series. Stay healthy, have fun, and make the best of the opportunity.
Old 02-16-2020
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider wrestling View Post
Based on my observations from the Sectional there are several wrestlers that will be standing on the podium on Saturday of the state series; including several state champions. I am thoroughly impressed with Baysinger!! As a freshmen he wrestles with the confidence, determination, and patience of a senior. Milos has hips from hell and lets face it hips win. Only Vanderere has better hips them him and I would not be surprised if both win state championships. Heard is a beast at 152 and it will take the A game of any opponent to best him right now. Ramussen and Ferrante will meet again in the finals, but I think this time the result win be much different; it won't come down to a last second take down by either wrestler. Jake Harrier will have the toughest route to a state championship but I wish him all the best!! Very few have the same class and character as Jake; one of them being Danny who will not be wrestling in this state series. Hope everyone has a create state series. Stay healthy, have fun, and make the best of the opportunity.
Baysinger vs. Farmer in the 106 semis should be epic; they met in the finals at Prospect in December with Baysinger coming out on top 2-1. Whoever wins it should be standing on the top Saturday night and the other will take 3rd.
Old 02-16-2020
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA View Post
What did people think of the late first period takedown for Vandervere? Is this two?

Look at 2:40 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thLiEf3hLDY&t=162s
I see it as 2. Vandervere hooked the inside leg, the outside shoulder, and was covering over Harrier. That, to me constitutes control.
Old 02-16-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainefan View Post
I see it as 2. Vandervere hooked the inside leg, the outside shoulder, and was covering over Harrier. That, to me constitutes control.
I am inlcined to agree. It made me question it because Vandeveree was not under the far arm. He was over top, and wasnt sure if being over the top was good enough with Harrier's arm under the leg.
Sponsored Links