Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 11-29-2016
Junior Varsity

????High School Open Tournaments?????

Looking for a little help. I was wondering if someone could help me with finding some open high school tournaments. I see quite a few tournaments but they mostly look like invitational team tournaments. I am with a CPS school that has no budget so we never were able to set up any team tournament type things so our only hope of getting matches would be at high school open tournaments. Thanks for any help, I have some good wrestlers that just need matches.
Old 11-29-2016
Crystal Lake

At the Conant tournament one team brought 5 wrestlers and another brought 6. I think at some of these tournaments there is not necessarily an expectation that you bring a full team.
Old 11-30-2016
Varsity

I know invites that Orion wrestles in will let individuals wrestle. Both Litchfield and Orion did this last year. Erie may have but I don't remember. Probably just need to make a phone call to a tournament director of an invite you are interested in.
Old 12-01-2016
Junior Varsity

Thanks for the info guys. I did try to call one of the athletic directors from Stagg High School but he told me the tournament was closed. Fortunately I was able to get ahold of some public league teams and set up some quads so that should be pretty good for now.
Old 12-01-2016
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_spar View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I did try to call one of the athletic directors from Stagg High School but he told me the tournament was closed. Fortunately I was able to get ahold of some public league teams and set up some quads so that should be pretty good for now.
Email Issa Webb at Issa.webb@gmail.com to get in Crete-Monee's Bragging Rights on Jan. 7th.
Old 12-01-2016
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb802004 View Post
Email Issa Webb at Issa.webb@gmail.com to get in Crete-Monee's Bragging Rights on Jan. 7th.
is the head coach responsible for entering your team in tournaments or the athletic director?and is odd that the varsity has yet to have a match this eason and nothing onba saturday yet this season
Old 12-02-2016
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstick View Post
is the head coach responsible for entering your team in tournaments or the athletic director?and is odd that the varsity has yet to have a match this eason and nothing onba saturday yet this season
The head coach or the A.D. can ask for a contract for a dual or tournament. The contract still requires that you have the A.D. and Principal signature.

As for if it "is odd that the varsity has yet to have a match this season and nothing on Saturday", that depends on the school and situation. Some schools with football teams that go too deep in to the playoffs and playing for state championships will start later than others. Some CPS schools don't do their schedule October, November and can't get a date when the season starts. Really depends on the school and situation.
Old 12-02-2016
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb802004 View Post
The head coach or the A.D. can ask for a contract for a dual or tournament. The contract still requires that you have the A.D. and Principal signature.

As for if it "is odd that the varsity has yet to have a match this season and nothing on Saturday", that depends on the school and situation. Some schools with football teams that go too deep in to the playoffs and playing for state championships will start later than others. Some CPS schools don't do their schedule October, November and can't get a date when the season starts. Really depends on the school and situation.
thanx for the info
Old 12-04-2016

If you are looking for matches for your kids, Wauconda might still have an opening in a varsity dual meet event on January 21. Each team wrestles 3 dual meets. Andy Lambert is the AD.
Old 12-04-2016
Junior Varsity

thanks I will look into it
Sponsored Links