Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 01-22-2020
Varsity

CCL Tournament

This Saturday marks the annual CCL Tournament which more than likely will turn into a dual meet between Mt. Carmel and Montini except for a few weights. What once arguably was a the toughest conference in the country now seems to have diminished. There are only 3 national ranked wrestlers based on intermat rankings. Ragusin, Mayora and Soleto this is the lowest total I can remember. Can we still.call this the toughest conference?

Last edited by maddog81; 01-22-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-22-2020
Junior Varsity

The depth might not be what it used to be but Id still be comfortable saying they will have the most champs this year.
Old 01-22-2020
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
This Saturday marks the annual CCL Tournament which more than likely will turn into a dual meet between Mt. Carmel and Montini except for a few weights. What once arguably was a the toughest conference in the country now seems to have diminished. There are only 3 national ranked wrestlers based on intermat rankings. Ragusin, Mayora and Soleto this is the lowest total I can remember. Can we still.call this the toughest conference?
Definitely tougher than the DVC, also this weekend (who voted to actually keep a tourney with only 5-6 teams?)
Old 01-22-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_shelby1 View Post
Definitely tougher than the DVC, also this weekend (who voted to actually keep a tourney with only 5-6 teams?)
CCL hands down is the toughest in Illinois. It used to be considered one of the toughest if not the best in the country. Does it still have that nostalgia Nationwide?
Old 01-22-2020
Junior Varsity

Quote:
CCL hands down is the toughest in Illinois. It used to be considered one of the toughest if not the best in the country. Does it still have that nostalgia Nationwide?
Nationwide? I do not think people across the country care much about state level conference events.
Old 01-22-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_shelby1 View Post
Nationwide? I do not think people across the country care much about state level conference events.
You obviously aren't understanding the question? Let me make it simple. Is the CCL still considered the best conference in the country?
Old 01-22-2020
Junior Varsity

Quote:
You obviously aren't understanding the question? Let me make it simple. Is the CCL still considered the best conference in the country?
Simple answer - nobody cares.
Old 01-22-2020
Junior Varsity

Quote:

Based off last year I would expect the toughest conference in the country to not have 8 brackets with 8 or less wrestlers. Including only 4 man bracket at 113. With 14 teams and such a strong conference, you should have 10-12 kids per weight.
Old 01-23-2020
Junior Varsity

why is it $7 to get in?
Old 01-23-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by formersomeone View Post
Based off last year I would expect the toughest conference in the country to not have 8 brackets with 8 or less wrestlers. Including only 4 man bracket at 113. With 14 teams and such a strong conference, you should have 10-12 kids per weight.
CCL produced 9 state finalists last year and 6 state champs in 3A.
Sponsored Links