Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-11-2020
Grapple20 Grapple20 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 81
Toughest Bracket?

Let’s have some fun. This should carry well into the weekend. With only 4 guys making it out tell me:

1) Toughest bracket overall
2) Who makes it out.

1) I will start - Hinsdale, 113. With Sergio and Diego set to meet in the final that leaves Guzman, McDermott and McLin on one side; and Lara-Castro, Iannantone and Porter on the other side for the last two.

2) 1. Lemley 2. Sotelo 3. Lara-Castro 4. McDermott
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-11-2020
ctdad ctdad is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 2,690
That’s a tough one but nothing and I repeat nothing is going to best 285 at Quincy:

Top half has #2 Reynolds, #5 Barlev, #6 Shipla and HM Landando; Shipla and Barlev meet in the 1st round with the winner feeding Reynolds. The bottom half has #1 Boersma, #4 Olmstead, #9 Hughes snd #10 Underwood; Boersma and Hughes meet in the first round.

So to summarize, the bracket has 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 plus an HM. Rankings could shift slightly (if they do them) since Underwood best Shipla last weekend, Boersma got upset, and Hughes beat #8 in the 3rd place match at Granite City.

Guessing:

1 Boersma
2 Reynolds
3 Olmstead
4 Underwood
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2020
Mainefan Mainefan is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Des Plaines
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdad View Post
That’s a tough one but nothing and I repeat nothing is going to best 285 at Quincy:

Top half has #2 Reynolds, #5 Barlev, #6 Shipla and HM Landando; Shipla and Barlev meet in the 1st round with the winner feeding Reynolds. The bottom half has #1 Boersma, #4 Olmstead, #9 Hughes snd #10 Underwood; Boersma and Hughes meet in the first round.

So to summarize, the bracket has 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 plus an HM. Rankings could shift slightly (if they do them) since Underwood best Shipla last weekend, Boersma got upset, and Hughes beat #8 in the 3rd place match at Granite City.

Guessing:

1 Boersma
2 Reynolds
3 Olmstead
4 Underwood
Now you have to add Brian Smith(HF) to the mix.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-11-2020
chino1992 chino1992 is offline
World Champ
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainefan View Post
Now you have to add Brian Smith(HF) to the mix.
Absolutely....a wrestler with some confidence can be dangerous and squeak out of that sectional.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-12-2020
Mainefan Mainefan is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Des Plaines
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapple20 View Post
Let’s have some fun. This should carry well into the weekend. With only 4 guys making it out tell me:

1) Toughest bracket overall
2) Who makes it out.

1) I will start - Hinsdale, 113. With Sergio and Diego set to meet in the final that leaves Guzman, McDermott and McLin on one side; and Lara-Castro, Iannantone and Porter on the other side for the last two.

2) 1. Lemley 2. Sotelo 3. Lara-Castro 4. McDermott
With Castro losing to Sotelo, that moves him ton the top of the bracket. I am picking McDermott to make it to the semis, which would leave him on the top of the bracket. Only winner of Castro-McDermott makes it to state. Unless you think McLin beats McDermott moving McDermott to the bottom of the bracket. Loser of Iannantone-Porter moves to top of the bracket. Tough road. Would have to beat both Castro and probably McDermott. Bottom bracket would probably have Guzman-McLin with winner Vs winner of Iannantone-Porter to make it to state.

1) Sotelo 2) Lemley 3) Lara-Castro 4) Iannantone
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-14-2020
JKR JKR is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 6
Toughest Bracket

Barrington 220 and 138 both have top 3 ranked wrestlers in the state. I would say on 220 the rankings are not correct and Yorkville wrestler probably top 3.

At 138 top three are there and #7 all of the rankings based off IWCOA.

Deerfield 2A 182 is pretty tough as well with Lopez, Cramer and Evans.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-15-2020
HuffHall HuffHall is offline
Stay off the head
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 355
Nice call on Lemley over Sotelo, extremely talented freshmen
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-15-2020
Grapple20 Grapple20 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffHall View Post
Nice call on Lemley over Sotelo, extremely talented freshmen
The first time they wrestled you could see Lemley was going to be ready for this match. OPRF kid came out of nowhere!!!! I hope this wasn’t his “state championship” and flames out next week.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-15-2020
HuffHall HuffHall is offline
Stay off the head
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 355
Be interesting to see who takes the rubber match at State, I expect them to meet one more time in the finals.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-15-2020
Grapple20 Grapple20 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffHall View Post
Be interesting to see who takes the rubber match at State, I expect them to meet one more time in the finals.
Totally agree.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.