Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 02-11-2020
Junior Varsity

Toughest Bracket?

Let’s have some fun. This should carry well into the weekend. With only 4 guys making it out tell me:

1) Toughest bracket overall
2) Who makes it out.

1) I will start - Hinsdale, 113. With Sergio and Diego set to meet in the final that leaves Guzman, McDermott and McLin on one side; and Lara-Castro, Iannantone and Porter on the other side for the last two.

2) 1. Lemley 2. Sotelo 3. Lara-Castro 4. McDermott
Old 02-11-2020
Olympian

That’s a tough one but nothing and I repeat nothing is going to best 285 at Quincy:

Top half has #2 Reynolds, #5 Barlev, #6 Shipla and HM Landando; Shipla and Barlev meet in the 1st round with the winner feeding Reynolds. The bottom half has #1 Boersma, #4 Olmstead, #9 Hughes snd #10 Underwood; Boersma and Hughes meet in the first round.

So to summarize, the bracket has 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 plus an HM. Rankings could shift slightly (if they do them) since Underwood best Shipla last weekend, Boersma got upset, and Hughes beat #8 in the 3rd place match at Granite City.

Guessing:

1 Boersma
2 Reynolds
3 Olmstead
4 Underwood
Old 02-11-2020
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdad View Post
That’s a tough one but nothing and I repeat nothing is going to best 285 at Quincy:

Top half has #2 Reynolds, #5 Barlev, #6 Shipla and HM Landando; Shipla and Barlev meet in the 1st round with the winner feeding Reynolds. The bottom half has #1 Boersma, #4 Olmstead, #9 Hughes snd #10 Underwood; Boersma and Hughes meet in the first round.

So to summarize, the bracket has 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 plus an HM. Rankings could shift slightly (if they do them) since Underwood best Shipla last weekend, Boersma got upset, and Hughes beat #8 in the 3rd place match at Granite City.

Guessing:

1 Boersma
2 Reynolds
3 Olmstead
4 Underwood
Now you have to add Brian Smith(HF) to the mix.
Old 02-11-2020
World Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainefan View Post
Now you have to add Brian Smith(HF) to the mix.
Absolutely....a wrestler with some confidence can be dangerous and squeak out of that sectional.
Old 02-12-2020
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapple20 View Post
Let’s have some fun. This should carry well into the weekend. With only 4 guys making it out tell me:

1) Toughest bracket overall
2) Who makes it out.

1) I will start - Hinsdale, 113. With Sergio and Diego set to meet in the final that leaves Guzman, McDermott and McLin on one side; and Lara-Castro, Iannantone and Porter on the other side for the last two.

2) 1. Lemley 2. Sotelo 3. Lara-Castro 4. McDermott
With Castro losing to Sotelo, that moves him ton the top of the bracket. I am picking McDermott to make it to the semis, which would leave him on the top of the bracket. Only winner of Castro-McDermott makes it to state. Unless you think McLin beats McDermott moving McDermott to the bottom of the bracket. Loser of Iannantone-Porter moves to top of the bracket. Tough road. Would have to beat both Castro and probably McDermott. Bottom bracket would probably have Guzman-McLin with winner Vs winner of Iannantone-Porter to make it to state.

1) Sotelo 2) Lemley 3) Lara-Castro 4) Iannantone
Old 02-14-2020

Toughest Bracket

Barrington 220 and 138 both have top 3 ranked wrestlers in the state. I would say on 220 the rankings are not correct and Yorkville wrestler probably top 3.

At 138 top three are there and #7 all of the rankings based off IWCOA.

Deerfield 2A 182 is pretty tough as well with Lopez, Cramer and Evans.
Old 02-15-2020
Stay off the head

Nice call on Lemley over Sotelo, extremely talented freshmen
Old 02-15-2020
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffHall View Post
Nice call on Lemley over Sotelo, extremely talented freshmen
The first time they wrestled you could see Lemley was going to be ready for this match. OPRF kid came out of nowhere!!!! I hope this wasn’t his “state championship” and flames out next week.
Old 02-15-2020
Stay off the head

Be interesting to see who takes the rubber match at State, I expect them to meet one more time in the finals.
Old 02-15-2020
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffHall View Post
Be interesting to see who takes the rubber match at State, I expect them to meet one more time in the finals.
Totally agree.
Sponsored Links