Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 08-13-2019
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Don't worry. Mike Pence coming 2024.
That would be an upgrade. 12% of the people in US do not know who he is. He polls more favorably than Trump, but still un-favorably. There are already people running against Trump for the R nomination. Pence would have to run against Trump and will not do that. He is the national Pat Quinn - the guy who stuck his head in the sand to ignore the bad things his boss was doing instead of helping keep things on the up and up. Donald Trump just passed 12,000 lies while in office yesterday. Not a peep from Pence. At least Pence is only really weird about one issue - me thinks he protest too much...(he believes you can cure gay through electroshock therapy. Trump joked he would have all gays killed.)

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/mike-pence/

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...gbt-community/
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 08-13-2019
mooseknuckle's Avatar
mooseknuckle mooseknuckle is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
That would be an upgrade. 12% of the people in US do not know who he is. He polls more favorably than Trump, but still un-favorably. There are already people running against Trump for the R nomination. Pence would have to run against Trump and will not do that. He is the national Pat Quinn - the guy who stuck his head in the sand to ignore the bad things his boss was doing instead of helping keep things on the up and up. Donald Trump just passed 12,000 lies while in office yesterday. Not a peep from Pence. At least Pence is only really weird about one issue - me thinks he protest too much...(he believes you can cure gay through electroshock therapy. Trump joked he would have all gays killed.)

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/mike-pence/

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...gbt-community/
You're not as neutral and open-minded as you claim to be.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 08-13-2019
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
You're not as neutral and open-minded as you claim to be.
Is this the best we can do? The Epstein-Clinton non-sense is more obvious craziness that has permanently hurt the credibility of the presidency. And who looks creapier in the tapes with Trump and Epstein?. He listens to an obscure comedian but continuously rejects his own intelligence agency. He claims the him "retweeting" does not count as really from him - it is. It is madness that it is tolerated by so many. If it is a strategy to win it is at the cost of dignity and respect of the us. Should we be taking those things as a joke, I assume we should, but when do we know when it is? At least we still have a history of getting into conflicts, that is pre-Trump, and worth more.

I listed both the D & the R facts from an independent site, and let the facts speak for themselves. I am simply siding with what the career military men have said about Trump. And now the MOOCH was just on TV sticking it to Trump and said there is a bunch of Republicans about to do the same. The MOOCH can out-Trump Trump. I think there will be a different Republican running other than Trump in the end, and that they will win again. I do not care if a D or R wins. I like some D & R's but not those at the top for either.
I don't like politics but this is un-usual, this explains it well: Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhkZMxgPxXU
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 08-13-2019 at 11:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 08-14-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
Are you saying that there is an Agency wide conspiracy against the President of the United States by the FBI. All 35,104 employees? What is your proof? Is it just because they dared to investigate after the Presidents son was meeting with Russian agents and then lied that it was about adoptions? (And was not charged because was considered so naive?)- That isn't worth at least looking into by the FBI? (And Trump has said he will to do it again for his upcoming election!)

All of the top people picked by Trump, admired professionals, end up saying how ridiculous it is that he President: Defense Secretary James Mattis compared him to a 5th grader. Gary Cohn called him a professional liar, John Kelly called him unhinged and an idiot, Rex Tillerson called him a moron - the list is long including all the people that went to jail to protect him. I am fine with a Republican President, couldn't we simply find one that isn't such a weirdo?

No, not the entire FBI, just the people at the top. James Comey, Lisa Page, Peter Strzok, Andrew McCabe just to name a few.

The Russian at the Trump tower meeting had dinner with an associate of Hillary's the night before and the night after the Trump tower meeting...do you think that was just a coincidence. I think she was working for Hillary.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....e_a_setup.html

When people call Trump names, he just gets stronger...like the Blob after eating people.

Bill Clinton...a known sexual predator was on the private plane of a known sex trafficker 27 times...but I am sure that all he did was buy Girl Scout cookies from the under aged prostitutes.

https://www.aim.org/aim-column/repor...inton-did-too/

Last edited by MAL; 08-14-2019 at 02:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 08-14-2019
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
No, not the entire FBI, just the people at the top. James Comey, Lisa Page, Peter Strzok, Andrew McCabe just to name a few.

The Russian at the Trump tower meeting had dinner with an associate of Hillary's the night before and the night after the Trump tower meeting...do you think that was just a coincidence. I think she was working for Hillary.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....e_a_setup.html

When people call Trump names, he just gets stronger...like the Blob after eating people.

Bill Clinton...a known sexual predator was on the private plane of a known sex trafficker 27 times...but I am sure that all he did was buy Girl Scout cookies from the under aged prostitutes.

https://www.aim.org/aim-column/repor...inton-did-too/
Comparing to old retired presidents does not help the current reality. Its like Trump is is saying that he is a scumbag but that Clinton is worse. Is that good? Trump played 3 sports and golfs a ton. Does anyone believe he really could not enter the draft due to heel spurs? (Isn't lying about that illegal? He has basically said that was not the reason.
Who possibly died in his place?) Those odds about the same that he did not know about the extent of Epstein - he specifically commented about the young women, so we know he knew quite a bit. Trump bragged on Howard Stern about going back stage at Teen Competitions to see teens etc.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7357866.html

But that really doesn't matter in relation to getting through the next 2 - 6 years with President Trump. I think most of us know what his "gaslighting" is about, lets just hope it doesn't get too crazy before we are through it. He was at a factory yesterday again talking about TV's turning off due to lack of wind. Yes, everyone knows he is going to talk crazy just to gaslight - he cannot stop himself. Is this the best we have for President? The democrats are doing it too (the "fine people on both sides" is taken out of context) just not to that extent - they need a comedian to run, at least for a while. Trump doesn't care about the NRA or the debt - he may play those just right to win again, it will not be a surprise. Nobody cares about the gaslighting anymore.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeff...er-side-2019-7
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 08-14-2019 at 09:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 08-14-2019
oldpioneer oldpioneer is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,976
I can’t believe it is even debated that Trump is fanning the flames of white supremacy. I’ve read this and the trip today, very disturbing. They listed a bunch of far right white nationalist groups that I’ve never heard of. In the article they make the group sound like bands all forming at a music festival in Portland this weekend. The only time I remember before Trump huge publicized white supremacy groups was it the blues Brothers.
https://www.apnews.com/5b1dd62557dc4e52bce91d3693c2389c
__________________
Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 08-14-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
Comparing to old retired presidents does not help the current reality. Its like Trump is is saying that he is a scumbag but that Clinton is worse. Is that good? Trump played 3 sports and golfs a ton. Does anyone believe he really could not enter the draft due to heel spurs? (Isn't lying about that illegal? He has basically said that was not the reason.
Who possibly died in his place?) Those odds about the same that he did not know about the extent of Epstein - he specifically commented about the young women, so we know he knew quite a bit. Trump bragged on Howard Stern about going back stage at Teen Competitions to see teens etc.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7357866.html

But that really doesn't matter in relation to getting through the next 2 - 6 years with President Trump. I think most of us know what his "gaslighting" is about, lets just hope it doesn't get too crazy before we are through it. He was at a factory yesterday again talking about TV's turning off due to lack of wind. Yes, everyone knows he is going to talk crazy just to gaslight - he cannot stop himself. Is this the best we have for President? The democrats are doing it too (the "fine people on both sides" is taken out of context) just not to that extent - they need a comedian to run, at least for a while. Trump doesn't care about the NRA or the debt - he may play those just right to win again, it will not be a surprise. Nobody cares about the gaslighting anymore.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeff...er-side-2019-7
One of the hardest things to do, is to see through the bias of the people on your own side. I have no doubt that I have been caught up in the political spin more than once and believed things because people I trusted said them. It's pretty well documented that Trump will not be canonized as a Saint. It would be equally unbelievable that everything that the mainstream media says about him is true. All of his professional life he has been a darling of the mainstream media until he was elected. It might be fair to say that most of the accusations against him are from before he started running for president...that should tell us something about the media's motives.

Unfortunately he is the best that we can do right now.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 08-15-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
I canít believe it is even debated that Trump is fanning the flames of white supremacy. Iíve read this and the trip today, very disturbing. They listed a bunch of far right white nationalist groups that Iíve never heard of. In the article they make the group sound like bands all forming at a music festival in Portland this weekend. The only time I remember before Trump huge publicized white supremacy groups was it the blues Brothers.
https://www.apnews.com/5b1dd62557dc4e52bce91d3693c2389c
It took me a while to figure this out, but the reported rise in white supremacy is do to the fact that that the term racist is no longer effective because of the constant use of the word.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 08-15-2019
oldpioneer oldpioneer is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,976
When I saw you responded I was like watch, he will spin this somehow. LOL David Duke was the grand Wizard or dragon of the KKK. He claims not to be a racist. He is just proud of his heritage. Think about that, that means if you go to a KKK rally in the middle of the woods every single white hood would tell you they’re not racist. Are you with that? I’m sure not.

I am not asking you were if you are with the klan. I am asking you if you are with them on their definition meaning that you believe they are not racist . Not trying to make it personal, but just want to see how her you were just defining terms.
__________________
Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 08-16-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
When I saw you responded I was like watch, he will spin this somehow. LOL David Duke was the grand Wizard or dragon of the KKK. He claims not to be a racist. He is just proud of his heritage. Think about that, that means if you go to a KKK rally in the middle of the woods every single white hood would tell you they’re not racist. Are you with that? I’m sure not.

I am not asking you were if you are with the klan. I am asking you if you are with them on their definition meaning that you believe they are not racist . Not trying to make it personal, but just want to see how her you were just defining terms.
Did you know that Trump left the Reform party because David Duke was in it?

The term racist is way too loosely defined. For starters I believe virtually everybody has at least some racism in there heart. Remember that race is not just black and white. A white person can be racist against white people, and black person can be racist against black people, as well as any other possible combination.

For starters there is racist thought. If someone keeps there thoughts to themselves, the only one they are hurting is there own soul.

Then there are racist words. Free speech means all words are protected, even those that are offensive...as long as you are not threatening or causing physical harm. That doesn't mean that there is nothing wrong with being rude, obnoxious and belligerent...I am just trying to demonstrate that there is varying degrees of Racism.

Then there is racist actions. Some are illegal and can be insignificant.

Now we are up to racist violence. That is absolutely unacceptable from anybody...even ANTIFA or the black kids that were playing the knock out game. There is no shortage of disgusting stories from all walks of life, but my point here is that racism goes in all directions, and some racism is little more than a nuisance and some deserves the death penalty.

I honestly don't know where Duke lines up on the above scale. I haven't read his life story, I have never heard of any despicable crimes that he has committed. The only thing that we ever hear about Duke is that he is the leader of the KKK. The last time I was reading up on the KKK I learned that they were recruiting black people. I am not sure what that really means, but with the history of the KKK I would have no respect for anybody associated with them.

The blanket charge of racism does not carry the same weight as it once did, because every single republican has been called a racist basically because we don't vote Democrat. Now I guess we are white supremacists because we don't vote Democrat. Democrats are pulling out every dirty trick in the book to try to hurt Trump, but he is more popular now than when he was elected.

Last edited by MAL; 08-16-2019 at 12:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.