Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 07-14-2019
Junior Varsity

Congrats to all IKWF wrestlers on a great weekend of wrestling! 💪

I followed over a dozen of fellow teammates and friends competing at Midwest Nationals and Grand River Rumble this weekend. Lots of tough competition and as usual IKWF kids always do their part to represent!

Hats off to all of you that stepped up to make Illinois youth wrestling what it is and show kids from other states that Illinois youth are for real. Lots of first time and multi All American statusís earned this weekend through blood sweat and tears!

Proud to see everyone putting egos aside in assembling teams loaded with hammers for the duals in Lansing. Driving home with my son from a Purler leg riding camp this evening we got several phone calls from friends sharing stories of tough battles both lost and won. We watched as many as we could on trackwrestling live during the drive. For those that have never attended GRR it is said to be second to none in team Duals (I can believe that and would whole heartedly agree) and the individual tournament is also quickly gaining steam often being compared to Tulsa Nats. Had to call a few friends to congratulate their kids as well. Wish we could have been there to cheer everyone on.

So proud of all of you for leaving it all on the mat this weekend. Hard to believe regular season is right around the corner again.

Looks to be another really fun year!
Sponsored Links