Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 2A

Old 09-01-2005
Varsity

1 Correction...1 opinion

Alex Macier is not going to JCA this year. He is attending Plainfield Central.

And my opinion, I would switch Prater and Snow. While they didnt wrestle, they did have a common opponant in Hajroja. I realize that isnt always a good way to gauge it, but I saw both matches. Hajroja beat Snow 8-3, and Prater 3-1. Prater's match with him was a much closer match. Not taking anything away from Snow, he is a great wrestler, I think Prater is better though.
Old 09-01-2005
Varsity

Macier will be at 160 from what i'm told
Old 09-02-2005

On Aa Rankings. I Saw Prater Beat Snow 11-1 At Downers Grove Folkstyle Offseason Tournament. Then Also Seen Him Beat Him At Another Offseason Folkstyle Tournament 11-4. Just Throwing My 2 Cents Worth In.
Old 09-02-2005
Wrestling Media

Ryan Prater is ready...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Quarter
On Aa Rankings. I Saw Prater Beat Snow 11-1 At Downers Grove Folkstyle Offseason Tournament. Then Also Seen Him Beat Him At Another Offseason Folkstyle Tournament 11-4. Just Throwing My 2 Cents Worth In.
After being around him at Fargo and watching him all summer he is on my "Ready to Click" short list. He put in the work this summer and I won't be betting against him often this up coming season. The kid is good, a little on the over confident/cocky side but I like it. If he was on a better team like Providence he would be a serious problem.

And he is funny as hell. A real comedian off the mat.
Old 09-02-2005
Varsity

To wrestlin ihsa

i would also think that Luke Roth should not be ranked that high because he didnt even beat tim klahn who is 15 so either tim should be ranked higher or luke ranked lower

I was very surprised and pleased to see that Luke got ranked at all (It was a special bonus to see him ranked so high). He may very well not deserve such an honor but not for the ridiculous reason you gave. He wrestled Tim twice last year and won the other time. If you base a kid's rank on the best kid he beat then Luke should be ranked 4th, above Jeremy Ellingwood who he beat the only time he wrestled him. That would be just as ridiculous!

I have heard that summer and national level wrestling helps with the rankings and Luke did both plus he was Fresh/Soph state champ as a freshman last year.

Tim is a great kid and a very good wrestler but you don't need to bad mouth Luke to make Tim look better.

Mike
Old 09-02-2005
Super Moderator

Good points. I know that Roth also beat Zimmerman once, though he lost a few times to him as well. Roth did wrestle in the off season (FR/So state and freestyle state), though Ellingwood continued through the end of July (at Fargo). Both wrestlers should be better because of that off season experience. In the end, however, everything depends on what these guys do the next time they step on the mat, and the next time after that. Rankings are interesting speculation, and they get us thinking about the season ahead of us, but they are nothing to get all worked up about.
Old 09-04-2005
Junior Varsity

i am happy wit the rankings but it is only preseason so dont get bent out of shape cuz u disagree wit wat and who is listed
Old 09-09-2005
Varsity

Missing Heavyweights

Bentch From Downers Grove, Paladino From Bartlett, The Kid From Gordon Tech (can't Remeber His Name) And Furio From Fenwick ...is Johnson From Naperville Going 215 Now That Greenwalt Is Gone
Old 09-09-2005
Olympian

Johnson at 215

If Jordon Johnson goes 215 he is my pick for state champ.
Old 09-09-2005
Varsity

Send a message via Yahoo to ImpactCoach
Jordan Johnson will be at 215 with DJ Bruce Going 189 and the New Freshmen Hwyt Albanese who is about 264 going Heavy if Albanese can minimize this could be a very tough lineup of big men at north
Sponsored Links