Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 2A

Old 02-09-2005
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshot
Hey Mike, that was nice

CAN ANYONE ELSE SAY BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Mike how about lame. The takedownking guy has wrote informtive posts for the most part but the only other post he makes are towards people who have made cowardly comments
Old 02-09-2005

I don't think proviso should be in any other regional they should be in OPRF's because hell they practically live down the street plus they are great comp for the tourney and lets face it this was not a weak regional. Well horrible officiating and worst table workers i had ever seen. Raffino and a bad ref plus stupid table workers = a kid from fenwick going to the 3rd place match which cause for a point shift, kid from pats obviously won by hitting a switch or a grandby i forgot in the last 2 seconds of the match then the buzzer sounds after the move is hit, ref calls it as a pats win, Raffino says no hit ran out of time looks at table workers and say do your job and they say, Oh yeah time ran out. Ok now in the heavyweight match they gave the Fenwick kid more time to attempt to score by not starting the clock for 30 sec into the 3rd period. In the 171 fenwick vs PE the real match score was tied but the score board showed PE down by 1 with 6secs left so he decieded to cut him and try to take him down again but had the match gone in to over time east would have won. During many OPRF matches not to be bias but it happend alot more towards them, OP would be more offencive the whole match but the refs would call the most ridiculous staling calls in the world while OP was shooting kids of the mat dragging them back on and working for pins when in some cases fenwick kids fled the mat, proviso kids would gas and say opps wheres my contact and use injury time. Even worse was when the main table scorekeeping did any matches because they would mess up starting the clocks when some of the proviso kids had matches knowing fully well that they would gas givin' more time. Now i'm not trying to say oprf deserved the win or even would have won had the tourney been ran right but i dont believe that had it you would have possible had very different team scores which could have resulted in different champions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac98
Don't make excuses like Proviso hurt them more then it hurt Fenwick. Did they not wrestle well, are all there guys healthy? Or did Fenwick just wrestle a great tourney?

- Katsumoto
Old 02-09-2005

if your complaints about biased table workers are legit, you need to send them to the IHSA.

One of the criteria for hosting a regional or sectional is that you need to be able to provide competent workers, facilities and security.

A few years ago, when i was still coaching, we had a problem where the table workers were the made up freshman and sophs who weren't wrestling.

The kids were constantly being yelled at and influenced by the varsity coach from the host school. Finally, when one of my kids was wrestling, I had the video tape person tape the table workers and the coach instead of the match. It just so happened that there was a close call at an end of a period, at first the ref made the call for us. After the kids got yelled at by the varsity coach they told the ref that they thought the move was before the buzzer. We sent the tape to the IHSA and I got a few other coaches at the meet who agrred with me to send letters, and that school has not hosted a regional since.

After that I always tried to bid for regionals. There is a big advantage to being the host school.

I agree that it wasn't a weak regional. It was a top heavy regional. mUch like the Lake view regional, where it was basically a dual meet between evanston and new trier

The roselle and niles regionals don't ahve a team as good as fenwick, OPRF or Proviso E, but they were much more balanced.

Last edited by ac98; 02-09-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2005

Thank you I am just glad that someone gets what i'm trying to say. I wasn't trying to say that Oak Park was a bulldoser team just that they were talented but in a tough regional. Just because there were a few below average teams there didn't mean it wasn't tough there were 3 above average teams. Now Fenwick, Fenwick will never host a regional again if I have anything to say about it with the lack of Competant table workers, and Raffino coersing refs to over turn calls that were originally right and blatant blown calls. Well hey it's all on tape so there's proof if you think i am exaggerating.

- Katsumoto
Old 02-10-2005

1 Nallen
2 Coleman
3 Rivera
1 Sarafini
2 Palermo
3 Miller
1 Flowers
2 Bolen
3 Hart
1 Amato
2 Dembary
3 Smith
1 Johnson
2 Olszewski
3 Hain
1 Gould
2 Bertucci
3 Battista
1Thomas
2 Greenspan
3 marino
1 Mccabe
2 James
3 Hindrickson
1 Malak
2 DJ
3 Ruffino
1 Hutchenson
2 Harmon
3 James
1 Loera
2 Hilliard
3 Barnheisel
1 Dardanes
2 Agromonti
3 Dziedzic
1 Dressel
2 Maddex
3 Iberra
1 Johnson
2 Curio
3 Freeburg
Old 02-10-2005
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac98
I was referring to the senior Hart. He was a sectional champ last year. I know that doesn't mean a lot. But in my experiences, it helps to have been there before. There is a lot of pressure at sectionals and state and guys who have wrestled in the finals and won tend to have the moxie and wrestling skills to do it again.

Ingram, the young man from Evanston, has impressed me everytime I have seen him this year. He was a JV wrestler most of last season, won a spot on the varsity right before the regional and made it all the way to state. He has only 3 losses this year and a couple occurred when he was injured. I think he has the ability to place in state. He reminds me of Travis Hammons.

Takedownking - sorry for making fun of you. I appreciate your passion for OPRF. Talking seriosly, what happened to them at regionals. Don't make excuses like Proviso hurt them more then it hurt Fenwick. Did they not wrestle well, are all there guys healthy? Or did Fenwick just wrestle a great tourney?
Speaking seriously, having Proviso East DID hurt us. OPRF still could have pulled it out, but Fenwick wrestled very well; Gough beating Henrickson was big for them (Chuck beat Eric at Dvorak), and we lost 3 key matches for 3rd at 140, 160, and 171. The 140 pounder was till suffering from the flu and the 171 lber was wrestling with a torn ACL. Fenwick got a big break in a wrestle back match at 125 that helped them. I won't go into detail about the clock problems on mat III or the scoreboard problem in the 171 finals (I have never seen coach Cartwright from PE that pissed in my life), because things happen. Overall, we had a great season but it just wasn't meant to be. We have an excellent shot at placing in state at 215 and 275 lbs.

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Sponsored Links