Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 2A

Old 01-02-2007
JV scrub

eagle

If that is how u feel dont look past 6 or 8 on any of the rankings and it wont bother you, but most of us enjoy seeing many other kids get some recognition for their hard work.
Old 01-02-2007

Hey, who do I contact to have a kid's ranking adjusted? While everyone has been going nuts over Surber from O'Fallon, who has won the CM, Mascoutah, and Granite City tourneys at 103, Nick Grahek, also from O'Fallon, has ALSO won his weight class at the CM, Mascoutah, and Granite City tourneys, and also has only one loss on the season. He currently is listed as honorable mention, but since Surber has all his tourney championships listed, I thought it was only fair that Grahek get his listed as well.

Thanks,

Stonebreaker

Last edited by stonebreaker; 01-02-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-02-2007
knows his stuff

well put wiseguy. why does it bother you? if all you care to know about are the 6-8 than only look at those guys. seeing new names up there benefits everybody and gets the word out...
Old 01-02-2007

Red face Rankings

Kurtz (Ottawa) #7 @189 pinned AJ Smith (Marist) #10 on 12-27-06 at Marist in 2:17. Also the next day 12/28/06, at Kaneland Kurtz beat #6 Goedken by a major decision 12-4 .

Last edited by Radmom; 01-02-2007 at 09:33 PM. Reason: adding to idea
Old 01-02-2007
Varsity

Nick Grahek

I would agree with one of the prior posts that Nick Grahek from O'Fallon wrestling at 112 probably should be ranked higher. He has beaten some very talented wrestlers in the south like Kent Williams, Alli Ragan, Kori Stassi and Jared Sawyer. I think he is currently 22-1. One of the things he fights is that he is from the South. Since the more talented wrestlers in the South don't get the opportunity to wrestle a more northern schedule, few people get to see the quality wrestler that Nick is but also the opponents that he has defeated are quality wrestlers as well. He will be a state qualifier and with a good draw has the potential to be a state placer. Just my two cents.
Old 01-03-2007
Owner/Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonebreaker View Post
Hey, who do I contact to have a kid's ranking adjusted?
You can provide AA rankings feedback one of three ways.

1) Email Rob Sherrill directly at illinoisbestweekly@yahoo.com
2) Email or pmail me and I'll get your feedback to Rob
3) Post a reply in this thread
Old 01-03-2007
Varsity

Some tidbits of information here...

At 112, Eric Oyster beat Adrian Laskero from Wheaton N by a decision, but I dont remember the score. In that same dual, at 119, Josh Simpson beat Lucas Plese by 1 in 2OT, and the rankings have it listed as Ellingwood beating Munro, but he also beat Terrazas. He pinned Munro at Dvorak, but for the dual with Wheaton he was at 145 and Prater was at 140. So Prater would have beaten Munro, and Ellingwood beat Terrazas at the dual. (i wish I remembered scores).

Also... at heavyweight, why is Rashid an HM and Hoy ranked 12th? Rashid did beat him and all... I know he has a few more losses... but two of those were to Rettke and Brantley, who very few heavyweights in the state will beat. And this is especially troubling considering Lembas and Goebel are ranked... Lembas is 6th and he has wrestled like 4 matches this year. He is JV, and though good as he may be, only full-time varsity guys should be ranked.
Old 01-03-2007

Alot of the guys that are ranked are wrestling at alot of different weight classes. how are you choosing who gets put where--as in what weight they will wrestle for state. Example: Garbis has wrestled 152 and 160 this year, Leinfelder 112 and 119, Ramos 112 and 119, Epp has wrestled both Varsity and JV this year...yet he is ranked in state.... just wondering is all
Old 01-03-2007
Wrestling Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by kps2120 View Post
Some tidbits of information here...

At 112, Eric Oyster beat Adrian Laskero from Wheaton N by a decision, but I dont remember the score. In that same dual, at 119, Josh Simpson beat Lucas Plese by 1 in 2OT, and the rankings have it listed as Ellingwood beating Munro, but he also beat Terrazas. He pinned Munro at Dvorak, but for the dual with Wheaton he was at 145 and Prater was at 140. So Prater would have beaten Munro, and Ellingwood beat Terrazas at the dual. (i wish I remembered scores).

Also... at heavyweight, why is Rashid an HM and Hoy ranked 12th? Rashid did beat him and all... I know he has a few more losses... but two of those were to Rettke and Brantley, who very few heavyweights in the state will beat. And this is especially troubling considering Lembas and Goebel are ranked... Lembas is 6th and he has wrestled like 4 matches this year. He is JV, and though good as he may be, only full-time varsity guys should be ranked.
good point about Lembas. These things sort themselves out. The HM's may fall by the wayside. If you have Illinois Best Weekly the rankings will take on more of that format soon. Read the post below on how to submit corrections and concerns about the rankings.
Old 01-03-2007
Owner/Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TWISTER View Post
If you have Illinois Best Weekly the rankings will take on more of that format soon.
Actually, they will stay in the same format as they are now except we may shrink the number of HM wrestlers. Rob and I haven't made our final go-forward decision yet.
Sponsored Links