Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 09-27-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
Article Three: VIOLATIONS OF CAMPAIGN FINANCE LAWS.

The Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (BCRA) is quite clear that an individual cannot donate more than $2,700.00 to a candidate for federal office during an election cycle, and that corporations cannot donate to an individual candidate for federal office. There are two felony counts that can be proved beyond a reasonable doubt based upon public information.

Stanford Law Professor and former Federal prosecutor David Sklansky takes over from here:

These violations can be established beyond a reasonable doubt because we can show the payments made and received, we have the testimony of some of the individuals involved, and, most importantly, the taped admissions from Donald Trump.
"This is just about sex"

For the record, if a president commits a crime trying to cover up a sexual encounter, that crime has previously been ruled, to not be high crimes or misdemeanors.
Old 09-28-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
"This is just about sex"

For the record, if a president commits a crime trying to cover up a sexual encounter, that crime has previously been ruled, to not be high crimes or misdemeanors.
wrong. The trial in the Senate began in January 1999, with Chief Justice William Rehnquist presiding. On February 12, Clinton was acquitted of the charges against him, when the Senate failed to convict him on either of them by the necessary two-thirds majority vote.

That was a worse reason than the current bad reason.

Trump did not commit a convict-able crime, but showed horrible judgement and mis-guided priorities. It was just kind of weird that he would do that, after complaining for 2 years that it was horrible for the country - that he had done that prior. Just weird, we can do better. Hopefully we can escape this without being dragged into a war. It doesn't seam like it, but other countries don't care as much as we do about our soldier being killed - and that is an issue other countries like to test that theory at least, the next one could get real ugly. The US protects other countries - but that means we actually have to, we get paid to do it. How tempting is must be for someone with that ego to make himself look tougher through our military. He claims military school is the same as being in the military by the way.

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 09-29-2019 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-29-2019
Olympian

The whistleblower is Dan Coates or his deputy, Chief Justice Illinewek.
Old 09-30-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
wrong. The trial in the Senate began in January 1999, with Chief Justice William Rehnquist presiding. On February 12, Clinton was acquitted of the charges against him, when the Senate failed to convict him on either of them by the necessary two-thirds majority vote.

That was a worse reason than the current bad reason.

Trump did not commit a convict-able crime, but showed horrible judgement and mis-guided priorities. It was just kind of weird that he would do that, after complaining for 2 years that it was horrible for the country - that he had done that prior. Just weird, we can do better. Hopefully we can escape this without being dragged into a war. It doesn't seam like it, but other countries don't care as much as we do about our soldier being killed - and that is an issue other countries like to test that theory at least, the next one could get real ugly. The US protects other countries - but that means we actually have to, we get paid to do it. How tempting is must be for someone with that ego to make himself look tougher through our military. He claims military school is the same as being in the military by the way.
I am not wrong. Clinton committed chargeable crimes. His law licence was suspended for committing perjury, suborning perjury and witness tampering...but nobody would charge him with anything because he was the President...and the fact that he was not convicted by the Senate makes my point. A Democrat President committed 3 felonies in the act of covering up a sexual encounter, and the Senate concluded that those felonies were not high crimes or misdemeanors. My point was in jest because politicians do not use precedent over partisanship.

Last edited by MAL; 09-30-2019 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2019
Olympian

Article Four - OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE.

There is a gold-plated case against Donald Trump for Obstruction of Justice. The case can be proved right now.

Because we have a confession.

On May 9, 2017, Trump fired James Comey, Director of the FBI. Subsequently, Trump confessed to the crime of Obstruction of Justice in a nationally televised interview with Lester Holt of NBC. Here is what was contained in that May 11 interview:

Quote:
TRUMP: "I was going to fire regardless of recommendations [from Sessions and Rosenstein]. …

And, in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, 'I said, you know, this Rusher thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, …."
There are many federal statutes dealing with Obstruction of Justice. The statute that is most likely to be used for the first count of Obstruction of Justice is 18 U.S.C. § 1505. The statute in relevant part:

Quote:
“Whoever corruptly ... influences, obstructs, or impedes or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede the due and proper administration of the law under which any pending proceeding is being had before any department or agency of the United States, …

Shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years….”
Then, there are the 9 other instances of obstruction of justice contained in Special Counsel Mueller's report. Finally, there is the obstruction of justice involved in the Ukraine scandal.

Old 09-30-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
I am not wrong. Clinton committed chargeable crimes. His law licence was suspended for committing perjury, suborning perjury and witness tampering...but nobody would charge him with anything because he was the President...and the fact that he was not convicted by the Senate makes my point. A Democrat President committed 3 felonies in the act of covering up a sexual encounter, and the Senate concluded that those felonies were not high crimes or misdemeanors. My point was in jest because politicians do not use precedent over partisanship.

If it is any solace to you, I get annoyed when people say that Clinton was impeached for a BJ. That is less than accurate. He was impeached for a clear-cut case of perjury. If I had been in the Senate, I would have voted to convict him and remove him from office.

Trump should have been impeached on May 12, 2017, the day after he made the above statement to Lester Holt. He has been a Mafia boss ever since, violating laws left and right. Trump is a cancer and should be removed.
Old 09-30-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
If it is any solace to you, I get annoyed when people say that Clinton was impeached for a BJ. That is less than accurate. He was impeached for a clear-cut case of perjury. If I had been in the Senate, I would have voted to convict him and remove him from office.

Trump should have been impeached on May 12, 2017, the day after he made the above statement to Lester Holt. He has been a Mafia boss ever since, violating laws left and right. Trump is a cancer and should be removed.
Trump does not understand that the government is different than business. He just wants to be in the news everyday, he will doing that even more when no longer president. They will not be a able to convict a billionaire out of offfice - money talks.
Old 09-30-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
Trump does not understand that the government is different than business. He just wants to be in the news everyday, he will doing that even more when no longer president. They will not be a able to convict a billionaire out of offfice - money talks.

Not always. Case in point, Jeff Epstein.

I agree that money will buy you "better justice," but it cannot always keep you out of prison. Trump cannot pardon away state crimes, and New York seems to want to go after him. I would say that he is most likely not to go to prison because he has never been convicted of a crime before, not because he's rich.

Everybody gets one bite at the apple. Except under Federal law with mandatory minimum sentencing. I can certainly see multiple convictions under New York law (charity embezzlement, tax fraud, wire fraud, bank fraud), and then major fines and probation. He should've had a rap sheet by now, and I blame NY prosecutors for that. They were likely afraid of Trump's battery of lawyers.
Old 10-01-2019
Varsity

C'mon who's gonna beat Trump?

Uncle Joe and his Corn Pop story?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._corn_pop.html
Old 10-01-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden eagle 157 View Post
C'mon who's gonna beat Trump?

Uncle Joe and his Corn Pop story?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._corn_pop.html
No way. That is what is so crazy, Trump shot himself in the foot going after somebody that was not going to be the nominee. Joe was too old, he helped a better nominee win. Unforced error. Can't his lacky's do his dirty work for him. People are simply tired of him. People get more tweets from him per day than messages from their own kids. Nothing better to do? OK President, but complete weirdo - we can do better.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/01/polit...egs/index.html