Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 01-17-2020
Junior Varsity

A winner would be declared if said winner were awarded awards. If not then there is no winner, What did they win? I figured this out pre-dump.
Old 01-17-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
A winner would be declared if said winner were awarded awards. If not then there is no winner, What did they win? I figured this out pre-dump.
No, your award thing is ridiculous and I am just taking the IHSA text literal here. It would have to specify awards since it does not then you cannot add that caveat. If awards needed to be handed out for it to be considered a tournament then the handbook would have to include that verbiage. It does not, so you are wrong.
Old 01-17-2020
Varsity

Weigh ins are at 9:00 or whenever you can get there.
Old 01-17-2020
Junior Varsity

AAA now includes new wipers. Speaking of wipers, I have the feeling GN forgot to.
Old 01-17-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
AAA now includes new wipers. Speaking of wipers, I have the feeling GN forgot to.
This is cute. You are wrong and now you resort to this. Go back to being the mayor of Stupidville.

I am going to reiterate this for the people in the back.

THIS FALLS UNDER THE IHSA DEFINITION OF A TOURNAMENT

-----------------------------

This is a tournament as defined by the IHSA handbook:

Tournament ó A competition involving three or more schools in which teams and/or athletes compete under an elimination and/or round
robin format within a 10 consecutive week day period which results in a single winner of the competition and or event(s). No regular
season tournament shall allow for a member school to participate in more than five (5) games/contests/matches. IHSA By-law 5.004
provides an exception for wrestling tournaments, and baseball/softball tournaments when schools are on spring break.

https://www.ihsa.org/documents/forms...A_Handbook.pdf

It has nothing to do with awards being handed out as that is nowhere in the handbook. Montini and OPRF both violated this rule last year and should they compete in another individual tournament they will be in violation again this year as defined by the IHSA. The rule change in effect next year will render this obsolete, but save your feelings. This is a violation of the obscure rules of the IHSA.
Old 01-17-2020
Junior Varsity

Pot meet Kettle.
Old 01-17-2020
Varsity

This is a great national level tournament. Nothing better than 2 pools of nationally ranked teams competing and then being matched up as a result of how they finish in their respective pools. Checks all the boxes of what you would want out of a dual TOURNAMENT. Literally the only thing that makes it different from Abe Rumble is the amount of teams. There will be lots of great wrestling at this TOURNAMENT (the IHSA definition, not mine).
Old 01-17-2020
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrossNoises View Post
This is a great national level tournament. Nothing better than 2 pools of nationally ranked teams competing and then being matched up as a result of how they finish in their respective pools. Checks all the boxes of what you would want out of a dual TOURNAMENT. Literally the only thing that makes it different from Abe Rumble is the amount of teams. There will be lots of great wrestling at this TOURNAMENT (the IHSA definition, not mine).
Looks like Lake Highland Prep’s plane got cancelled. All the duals are pre-set now. Just one great big super-dual. LOL. Maybe you can go stump for climate change!!! Sorry to interrupt your wet dream.

Last edited by Catcher in the Eye; 01-17-2020 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-18-2020
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcher in the Eye View Post
Looks like Lake Highland Prepís plane got cancelled. All the duals are pre-set now. Just one great big super-dual. LOL. Maybe you can go stump for climate change!!! Sorry to interrupt your wet dream.
That is funny all the bitching, debating and playing like Merriam Webster and now there is a change. Let's have fun at the Super Duals tomorrow!!!
Old 01-18-2020
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott8303 View Post
That is funny all the bitching, debating and playing like Merriam Webster and now there is a change. Let's have fun at the Super Duals tomorrow!!!
What changed? BTS is still a dual and Crystal Clearly and Gross Noises are the resident assholes.
Sponsored Links