Old 12-31-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
What you should now about the REAL corruption in Ukraine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtXY...index=11&t=70s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFCe...&index=27&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nUZ...dex=132&t=189s

It's not Trump...it's the Obama Administration.
The truth can't penetrate the soft tissue between their ears. They don't believe audio, they don't believe video, they don't believe court documents, they don't believe sworn affidavits...they have impeachment colored glasses glued to their face and that's all they can see...orange man bad, get him at all cost. It doesn't matter when the FBI lies to start the investigation...it doesn't matter if the CIA lies to congress...it doesn't matter if the Muller report found no collusion...it doesn't matter if the Steele Dossier was found to be false...it doesn't matter if the entire Muller team and the house witnesses were Democrat donors...nothing matters because Orange Man Bad and this impeachment is the only hope they have.

I once watched a snake that was so afraid of me, that it went straight into a fire to get away...it didn't survive. I feel like that's what I am watching with the Democrat party right now...they are running into a fire to get away from Trump.

Last edited by MAL; 12-31-2019 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-31-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
True it is the most respected newspaper in the world. Even more respected than all your Russian propaganda factories in the dark recluses of Siberia.
Then why did you say that the New York Times printed "mostly false and outdated information" about the Uranium One timeline?
Old 12-31-2019
Olympian

This is a great interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQCipqsjsW8
Old 12-31-2019
Olympian

Mind control really works. We have half the country that no longer trust newspapers like the Chicago tribune. All it takes is someone to say fake news over and over again and people will eventually believe it.
Old 12-31-2019
Olympian

There are hundreds, thousands of people who have dedicated their lives to serving saying one thing vs a known liar who stumbles into the Presidency and 35% of the population believe the known liar and the people who have to support him because of the R on his jacket. In particular, President heel spur bad mouths people in the military constantly, claims he is the expert. Luckily there are enough safeguards that it will be fine if it lasts another 4.5 years, which it very may well. Most people are not thinking get rid of him at all costs, most people just think he is a weirdo or jag, would prefer somebody less embarrassing, not not a big deal if he wins. He has done some good things, even the people who support him though would prefer he quit tweeting idiotic things - last week he was again saying that he knows more about windmills than anyone, that isn't even the correct term. Do you know anyone that would say they know more about a topic than everyone? just weird.
Old 12-31-2019
Olympian

He has big words, very big words. The best words. The bottom line is people are looking at the stock market. They are not looking at the deficit. I can run around today and sign three papers and have three foreign convertibles brand new in my driveway. Oh, and my car of choice, A 1969 Plymouth Rd., Runner with a 440 6 pack. And I need not worry about gas mileage cause climate change is fake news too!
https://youtu.be/EdjCFggHnBE
Old 12-31-2019

The supporters of Donald Trump clearly love their country. Their patriotism deserves respect. Letís be clear about that.

My concern is that Donald Trump paves the way for authoritarianism Ė the kind that our grandfathers and great grandfathers fought against in World War II.

This, of course, will sound alarmist and absurd to those who support the commander-in-chief, but it is worthwhile for us to think about where all roads lead.

I asked myself a few questions about this the other day:

Question: Do you fear Donald Trump?
Answer: Yes.
Question: Are you a snowflake?
Answer: Some might say so, but I wrestled and coached for 31 years, so I canít be completely soft. I broke my teeth and tore up my knees. I lost matches but kept coming back to practiceóday in and day out. I never missed a workout and pushed through pain. Thatís gotta count for something. I got up at 4:45 a.m. to drive the team bus.
Question: I thought that liberals didnít get up that early.
Answer: They do on match days.
Question: So why do you fear Donald Trump?
Answer: I am afraid that he represents an autocratic/strongman/anger-based style of leadership (ďI alone can fix it,Ē) that is the antithesis of American democracy. I fear that we are headed to a democracy in name only, and it needs to be called out.
Question: Arenít you just jealous of Donald Trumpís power, might, and willingness to break the system?
Answer: I fear it.
Question: Some Trump supporters feed off your fear, you know that, right?
Answer: Yes, but itís not the kind of fear that makes me want to cower or be submissive. Itís the kind of fear that makes me want to speak out and get off my butt.
Question: Are you a sore loser? You canít handle that he won in 2016, right?
Answer: My main concern is his autocratic tendencies, and I think that Trump supporters should be concerned about them as well.
Question: Isnít that just alarmist? Címon the president hugs the flag. Heís not a strongman or a demagogue or an autocrat, is he?
Answer: I call it like I see it. And Trump supporters are no fools. They see it too. In Donald Trump, supporters see uncompromising, no-holds-barred power. He will, in their view, shut up a segment of Americans who have gotten out of line. Heís the mean-streaked leader that will take the necessary steps to permanently marginalize Democrats and those Republicans who were never-Trumpers. That is his appeal in a nutshell, isnít it? Letís be honest. And doesnít it sound just a little like autocracy? Letís be honest on that one, too.
Question: Is this the part where you start trying to make Trump supporters feel bad about themselves?
Answer: I think the presidentís supporters love their country. Iím simply worried about autocracy.
Question: You say that Donald Trump is a bad guy, but isnít everyone corrupt? Biden is corrupt. Clinton is corrupt. The Democrats are corrupt. All you have to do is watch the Youtube clips and you can see the corruption for yourself. Itís not fair to criticize the president.
Answer: Autocrats and strongmen love this kind of finger pointing. The autocrat will often deflect criticism by saying that everyone is bad. Americaís enemies like North Korea have used this for years. They say something like this: How can we be criticized by Western democracies like America when they themselves have corruption and poverty and unrest and murder? Donald Trump and his supporters use these ďeveryone is corruptĒ arguments all the time, and that scares me. Any criticism of Donald Trump results in barrage of info about Bidenís or Clintonís corruption. It is almost on cue, and it is a warning sign that I take seriouslyóa flashing red light on the dashboard of democracy. ďEveryone is corruptĒ will sink our democracy one YouTube video at a time.
Question: Does Donald Trump admire autocrats and strongmen, particularly the ďlove and loyaltyĒ that they seem to receive from their people?
Answer: Yes. Donald Trump has said stuff like that.
Question: Didnít our grandfathers and great grandfathers fight against strongmen and autocrats in World War II?
Answer: Yes. And we are forever in their debt for it.
Question: So why are voters all over the world gravitating to autocracy/strongmen/populism right now (Poland, Hungary, Turkey, etc.)?
Answer: I donít know. Maybe it is part of an inevitable cycle. It would be best for all of us if this trend was reversed because no nation in history has thrived under the politics of grievance, getting even, demonizing political enemies, authoritarianism, and the will of the strong man. Itís clearly not what our framers wanted.
Question: Wait, hasnít Donald Trump criticized autocrats and strongmen? Letís be fair.
Answer: He sometimes criticizes them. Fair enough. But nobody can deny that his comments of support and admiration. That is unusual from an American president.
Question: Does Donald Trump call other Americans ďthe enemies of the peopleĒ?
Answer: Yes, and that worries me. He says that the mainstream news media are enemies of the people. He has even gotten mad at Fox News when they are critical, bring in commentators from the Democratic Party, or show unfavorable polls.
Question: Donít autocrats and strongmen use words like ďenemy of the peopleĒ?
Answer: Yes. All the time. Say that someone is the enemy of the people enough times and it becomes so. The scary thing is that Donald Trump says AMERICANS are enemies of the people. This turns our nation against itself. Thatís out of the autocratic playbook.
Question: The Republicans arenít really trying to permanently marginalize the Democratic Party, are they?
Answer: Last week 238,000 voters were thrown off the rolls in Wisconsin via a lawsuit filed by a conservative group. Fewer voters = less power = permanent marginalization.
Question: Not all the people who vote for Trump like him, right? Some just like his stances on taxes and judicial appointments.
Answer: Itís not healthy to have a partial, Trump-based judiciary system. If there hundreds of federal judges who are aligned with Donald Trump, then one of the stopgaps to autocracy is removed. Autocrats actively seek to insert yes-men into judicial and law-enforcement posts. This clears the road for them to take any action they want.
Question: These new judges will stand up to Trump if he violates the constitution, wonít they?
Answer: The jury is out on that one. One can hope. You might like his judges now, but they might pave the way for the kind of leadership that our fathers and great grandfathers fought against in World War II.
Question: Arenít you just blowing this all out of proportion?
Answer: If I am, then history will show it. There are certainly times in history when citizens are needlessly alarmist. There are times, however, when sounding the alarm is the right thing to do. Many people thought our founding fathers were being alarmist when rising up against British tyranny.
Question: Are you done yet?
Answer: Letís keep asking more questionsÖ
Old 12-31-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Joseph Mifsud was not an associate of the Trump campaign.
True just one of many middlemen between Trump and Russia.

Remember when you righties hated Russia? You know like three years ago.
Old 12-31-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Then why did you say that the New York Times printed "mostly false and outdated information" about the Uranium One timeline?
Because you have included quotes in that timeline that have been proven false and a lot of the information is 4 years old and has been updated. Got it?
Old 12-31-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Scot View Post
The supporters of Donald Trump clearly love their country. Their patriotism deserves respect. Letís be clear about that.

My concern is that Donald Trump paves the way for authoritarianism Ė the kind that our grandfathers and great grandfathers fought against in World War II.

This, of course, will sound alarmist and absurd to those who support the commander-in-chief, but it is worthwhile for us to think about where all roads lead.

I asked myself a few questions about this the other day:

Question: Do you fear Donald Trump?
Answer: Yes.
Question: Are you a snowflake?
Answer: Some might say so, but I wrestled and coached for 31 years, so I canít be completely soft. I broke my teeth and tore up my knees. I lost matches but kept coming back to practiceóday in and day out. I never missed a workout and pushed through pain. Thatís gotta count for something. I got up at 4:45 a.m. to drive the team bus.
Question: I thought that liberals didnít get up that early.
Answer: They do on match days.
Question: So why do you fear Donald Trump?
Answer: I am afraid that he represents an autocratic/strongman/anger-based style of leadership (ďI alone can fix it,Ē) that is the antithesis of American democracy. I fear that we are headed to a democracy in name only, and it needs to be called out.
Question: Arenít you just jealous of Donald Trumpís power, might, and willingness to break the system?
Answer: I fear it.
Question: Some Trump supporters feed off your fear, you know that, right?
Answer: Yes, but itís not the kind of fear that makes me want to cower or be submissive. Itís the kind of fear that makes me want to speak out and get off my butt.
Question: Are you a sore loser? You canít handle that he won in 2016, right?
Answer: My main concern is his autocratic tendencies, and I think that Trump supporters should be concerned about them as well.
Question: Isnít that just alarmist? Címon the president hugs the flag. Heís not a strongman or a demagogue or an autocrat, is he?
Answer: I call it like I see it. And Trump supporters are no fools. They see it too. In Donald Trump, supporters see uncompromising, no-holds-barred power. He will, in their view, shut up a segment of Americans who have gotten out of line. Heís the mean-streaked leader that will take the necessary steps to permanently marginalize Democrats and those Republicans who were never-Trumpers. That is his appeal in a nutshell, isnít it? Letís be honest. And doesnít it sound just a little like autocracy? Letís be honest on that one, too.
Question: Is this the part where you start trying to make Trump supporters feel bad about themselves?
Answer: I think the presidentís supporters love their country. Iím simply worried about autocracy.
Question: You say that Donald Trump is a bad guy, but isnít everyone corrupt? Biden is corrupt. Clinton is corrupt. The Democrats are corrupt. All you have to do is watch the Youtube clips and you can see the corruption for yourself. Itís not fair to criticize the president.
Answer: Autocrats and strongmen love this kind of finger pointing. The autocrat will often deflect criticism by saying that everyone is bad. Americaís enemies like North Korea have used this for years. They say something like this: How can we be criticized by Western democracies like America when they themselves have corruption and poverty and unrest and murder? Donald Trump and his supporters use these ďeveryone is corruptĒ arguments all the time, and that scares me. Any criticism of Donald Trump results in barrage of info about Bidenís or Clintonís corruption. It is almost on cue, and it is a warning sign that I take seriouslyóa flashing red light on the dashboard of democracy. ďEveryone is corruptĒ will sink our democracy one YouTube video at a time.
Question: Does Donald Trump admire autocrats and strongmen, particularly the ďlove and loyaltyĒ that they seem to receive from their people?
Answer: Yes. Donald Trump has said stuff like that.
Question: Didnít our grandfathers and great grandfathers fight against strongmen and autocrats in World War II?
Answer: Yes. And we are forever in their debt for it.
Question: So why are voters all over the world gravitating to autocracy/strongmen/populism right now (Poland, Hungary, Turkey, etc.)?
Answer: I donít know. Maybe it is part of an inevitable cycle. It would be best for all of us if this trend was reversed because no nation in history has thrived under the politics of grievance, getting even, demonizing political enemies, authoritarianism, and the will of the strong man. Itís clearly not what our framers wanted.
Question: Wait, hasnít Donald Trump criticized autocrats and strongmen? Letís be fair.
Answer: He sometimes criticizes them. Fair enough. But nobody can deny that his comments of support and admiration. That is unusual from an American president.
Question: Does Donald Trump call other Americans ďthe enemies of the peopleĒ?
Answer: Yes, and that worries me. He says that the mainstream news media are enemies of the people. He has even gotten mad at Fox News when they are critical, bring in commentators from the Democratic Party, or show unfavorable polls.
Question: Donít autocrats and strongmen use words like ďenemy of the peopleĒ?
Answer: Yes. All the time. Say that someone is the enemy of the people enough times and it becomes so. The scary thing is that Donald Trump says AMERICANS are enemies of the people. This turns our nation against itself. Thatís out of the autocratic playbook.
Question: The Republicans arenít really trying to permanently marginalize the Democratic Party, are they?
Answer: Last week 238,000 voters were thrown off the rolls in Wisconsin via a lawsuit filed by a conservative group. Fewer voters = less power = permanent marginalization.
Question: Not all the people who vote for Trump like him, right? Some just like his stances on taxes and judicial appointments.
Answer: Itís not healthy to have a partial, Trump-based judiciary system. If there hundreds of federal judges who are aligned with Donald Trump, then one of the stopgaps to autocracy is removed. Autocrats actively seek to insert yes-men into judicial and law-enforcement posts. This clears the road for them to take any action they want.
Question: These new judges will stand up to Trump if he violates the constitution, wonít they?
Answer: The jury is out on that one. One can hope. You might like his judges now, but they might pave the way for the kind of leadership that our fathers and great grandfathers fought against in World War II.
Question: Arenít you just blowing this all out of proportion?
Answer: If I am, then history will show it. There are certainly times in history when citizens are needlessly alarmist. There are times, however, when sounding the alarm is the right thing to do. Many people thought our founding fathers were being alarmist when rising up against British tyranny.
Question: Are you done yet?
Answer: Letís keep asking more questionsÖ
Sorry but if you like Donald Trump than you are either ignorant or hate your country. Nothing else is possible.
Sponsored Links