Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

Exclamation Midget Weigh in @ Lincoln Way West--IMPORTANT!!

If you are going to the satellite weigh in at Lincoln Way West HS at 21701 Gougar Rd---New Lenox, IL---from 1:30 pm until 3:30 pm

PLEASE DO NOT GO INTO THE SCHOOL OR ATTEMPT TO ENTER THE SCHOOL

THE WEIGH INS WILL HAPPEN AT THE FOOTBALL SHED AT THE FOOTBALL FIELD.

AGAIN PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE SCHOOL AND GO DIRECTLY TO THE FOOTBALL FIELD
Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

Since people read and follow directions so well, expect at least 100 wrestlers trying to enter the school. I am sure the IKWF is getting bombarded with calls over Midget State.
Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

You could send pictures of where to go and GPS coordinates and they still will go to the wrong place. Good luck to that weigh in!
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Varsity

Which door was it that you wanted us to go in?
Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

I have to say it makes me cringe that kids are cutting 7-8 lbs to get to 55 at midget state. That's crazy. Worst thing is the guys cutting that much would be fine at 58, 62, or 64... Why do that to your kid?
Old 6 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSanto View Post
I have to say it makes me cringe that kids are cutting 7-8 lbs to get to 55 at midget state. That's crazy. Worst thing is the guys cutting that much would be fine at 58, 62, or 64... Why do that to your kid?
It will never change. That’s the argument my b-ball buddies have. “ If wrestlers are supposed to be tough why do they wrestle kids smaller than them” I have no argument. Crazy dads.
Old 6 Days Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSanto View Post
You want to end the big cuts. That’s easy. 2nd day weigh in plus a lbs. also weigh everyone in on the same scales. We all know that light scale or two. Or hit where it hurts. The only points used for seeding have to be attained at the same weight or no lighter than the points accumulated.

So if all your points during the season are at 62 lbs. You have to go 62.

Pretty easy fixes.
Old 6 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook-N-Tilt View Post
It will never change. That’s the argument my b-ball buddies have. “ If wrestlers are supposed to be tough why do they wrestle kids smaller than them” I have no argument. Crazy dads.
Then your b-ball dads must not be too sharp because the wrestlers are competing against kids their same weight. Tell them to stick to playing watered down “travel baseball “.

As for cutting weight, I highly doubt a 62 pounder cut 7 pounds unless they used their favorite scale. If by chance they did cut 7 pounds odds are that kid will be done wrestling in a few years.
Old 6 Days Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcc club coach View Post
You want to end the big cuts. That’s easy. 2nd day weigh in plus a lbs. also weigh everyone in on the same scales. We all know that light scale or two. Or hit where it hurts. The only points used for seeding have to be attained at the same weight or no lighter than the points accumulated.

So if all your points during the season are at 62 lbs. You have to go 62.

Pretty easy fixes.
Love it....awesome post

I will add to it, end satellite weigh ins period. There is more weight manipulation that goes on than anyone suspects, sad..
Old 6 Days Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallball View Post
Then your b-ball dads must not be too sharp because the wrestlers are competing against kids their same weight. Tell them to stick to playing watered down “travel baseball “.

As for cutting weight, I highly doubt a 62 pounder cut 7 pounds unless they used their favorite scale. If by chance they did cut 7 pounds odds are that kid will be done wrestling in a few years.
So true, most of those big of cuts are humanly impossible anyway, thus my post on ending satellite weigh ins. In less than 30 seconds I can make a Befour 6600 series scale read whatever I want it to and in the same 30 seconds I can calibrate it back to where it “should be”. To most narrow minded adults 7 pounds doesn’t sound like much. It’s all about percentages though. 7 pounds out of 62 is 11.5%. Take a 200lb male, 11.5% of their weight is 23.5 lbs. the average 200 lb guy in 2019 is carrying 23.5 extra pound and then some. Losing 23.5 pounds is tough but can be done. Can it be done in a week or less? Highly unlikely.....not without a fair amount of pain and suffering. Take your “average” 62 lb wrestler, most of these kids are lean and mean, hell....some look like miniature body builders, some there knees and elbows are bigger than their calves or biceps.....common guys. Even if it is possible (even though in most cases a 11.5% cut is not) why in the world would you put your 9U kid through that?

So the moral of this story is actually 2 fold.

1) you are subjecting your 9yr old or less kid to unnecessary pain and suffering in an effort to dodge a tougher kid or better his chances for a title that 10 years from now won’t mean diddle squat.

2) in most of those cases where a large cut like discussed above that is not possible you are teaching your kid that it is ok to “cheat the system” in an effort to better yourself.

Just my $.02
Sponsored Links