Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 11-26-2019
Junior Varsity

I do not really blame him for the weights. It is pretty hard to predict those. He definitely could have done a better job on the transfers. He could have just read this website and he would have had some of the kids that transferred at the correct schools. On the other hand he has a few kids at different schools that I did not hear previously that they transferred.
Old 11-26-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
Montini will.have a good Line up enough to win Illinois. But they don't even belong in the same sentence as Blair and Wyoming.
If they ever did take the steps to contend with endowment fund boarding schools you would never hear the end of it. There's a reason why Blair and Sem don't compete in their state tournaments.
Old 11-26-2019
Junior Varsity

PG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
If they ever did take the steps to contend with endowment fund boarding schools you would never hear the end of it. There's a reason why Blair and Sem don't compete in their state tournaments.
Do Blair and Sem have post graduate wrestlers?
Old 11-26-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by agd1 View Post
Do Blair and Sem have post graduate wrestlers?
Yes, but they cannot compete with non-graduates.
Old 11-26-2019
Olympian

Stunned at how many kids Rob has at the wrong schools, especially at some of the top ones.
Old 11-26-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TappedOut View Post
Stunned at how many kids Rob has at the wrong schools, especially at some of the top ones.
Please state, who are some of the top wrestlers who are now at different schools?
Old 11-26-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainefan View Post
Please state, who are some of the top wrestlers who are now at different schools?
Josh Labarbera is no longer at Metea Valley and is now at Montini
Old 11-27-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TappedOut View Post
Please enlighten us.
Old 11-27-2019
Varsity

Rob has Mt. Carmel with two transfers and Montini with two transfers including Labarbera so not sure why the hate on his rankings?
Old 11-27-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeDownTwo View Post
Please enlighten us.
When rankings we're posted I took at quick glance at them. I saw Labarbera ranked #3 at 182 for Matea Valley.Which he now goes to Montini.Swier was ranked #1 in 182 also from Montini. At 106 it had Danny Sheen of Montini ranked 3rd. And Joe Fernau of Montini ranked #7. Sheen goes to Wyoming Seminary now. I posted that information in the forum here. I looked back alittle later and it was changed. Those were the only two I saw. Then I deleted my post. A few weights are incorrect but that is hard to rank because of not knowing what weight they will be at. There will be Freshman having an impact on the rankings which very few if any we're mentioned. To my previous point you need to wait and see what weight they are wrestling before preseason rankings come out. It is almost impossible to do before hand.

Rob is the most knowledgeable guy I know when it comes to wrestling not only Illinois but Nationwide. I am big fan of his watch his podcasts weekly and sit there in amazement how much he knows. But IMO I agree with the previous poster that there was very minimal research done on these rankings and that they were published just to put them out there.

Last edited by maddog81; 11-27-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Sponsored Links