Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 4 Days Ago
Junior Varsity

New rankings.

Just reviewed the new individual rankings. How does Boersma of Providence Catholic drop to HM??? Number one all year. Definitely not right.
Old 4 Days Ago
World Champ

Well maybe because of the wrestler of the week article pointing out that Smith was actually a JV wrestler. Who knows but only rational reason. I agree but doesn't really matter. Just rankings.
Old 4 Days Ago
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Well if there are no new rankings and Boersma qualifies for state he becomes the best value across all weights and everyone's no brainer pick at hwt for fantasy

But how could anyone take those rankings seriously after that? I don't care the result or opponent, that type of jump based on one match weighted against what you thought for months is baffling.

Last edited by PapaBearSLIM; 4 Days Ago at 08:36 PM.
Old 4 Days Ago
Junior Varsity

Fake news designed to get us talking. Guess what? It worked. If anyone would like to make a gentleman's wager, taking the JV wrestler against Boersma in the sequel, I'm all ears. It was a great story but it was a headlock against a guy who wasn't respecting headlocks. I don't expect to see him caught by one in the near future.
Old 4 Days Ago
World Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Duncan View Post
Fake news designed to get us talking. Guess what? It worked. If anyone would like to make a gentleman's wager, taking the JV wrestler against Boersma in the sequel, I'm all ears. It was a great story but it was a headlock against a guy who wasn't respecting headlocks. I don't expect to see him caught by one in the near future.
Agree he was drfinately caught by surprise. Prolly did more good than harm for his wrestling career.
Old 3 Days Ago
Owner/Webmaster

Love the discussion
Old 3 Days Ago
Junior Varsity

I did wonder why Bosco from CS wasn't #1 sooner as he was the only undefeated in the Weight class with 37 wins. I think he has a 10+ match pin streak going. 4 pins in the Regional. Total wresting time for the Regional tournament 3:20. He is tall and very active. It will be a great match if Boersma and Bosco cross paths.
Sponsored Links