Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News > Wrestle with Mr. Twister

Old 08-23-2005
Wrestling Media

8/23 Mr. Twister's New Column Begins

Hello wrestling fans. I am Andre’ Morgan, sometimes known as Mr. Twister in the wrestling community. As the new wrestling season approaches I am going to be sharing the Illinoismatmen.com website with my new column, “Wrestle with Mr. Twister“. Hopefully I can share some of the knowledge that I have gained over the last decade as a father, fan, coach, cameraman, recruiting coordinator and wrestling broadcaster/reporter. Along the way I hope to inform, investigate, analyze, laugh, learn, and debate wrestling in Illinois and the U.S.A.

One thing I would like is for you the readers to send me via pmail subjects that you would like to hear about. Since it is the “off season” I have been paying a lot of attention to the wrester’s preperation for the upcoming season via weights, supplements, nutrients, and improving technical skills. What will you be doing to pass the time until the first matches in about 90 days.?

Next season will be very challenging in Illinois, especially on the high school level. The talent of Illinois wrestlers is at an all time high. The competition on the AA level will increase with the addition of new teams because of the realignment imposed by new IHSA rules.

And on the collegiate level a new survey found in W.I.N. magazine this month showed that Illinois has the second most colleges participating in wrestling with 22. The opportunities to wrestle at the next level is available for those that want to put in the work to get there.

Hang in there, the season is just around the corner.

Last edited by admin; 08-23-2005 at 11:49 PM.
Sponsored Links