Below is a memo from IHSA Assistant Executive Director Sam Knox regarding this weekend’s weather forecast.
The forecast for this weekend doesn’t look favorable, especially in northern Illinois on Friday.
Plan A: Host schools should do everything in their power to run the Sectional as originally scheduled.
- If teams are not able to attend the Sectional because of the weather, their wrestler(s) will forfeit all contests in the Sectional.
Plan B: If a Sectional is not able to start on Friday due to the weather, the entire Sectional will move to Saturday.
- There will be two sessions on Saturday. $5 admission for each session. Host schools can sell a $10 all-day pass.
- If the entire Sectional is on Saturday, each wrestler will receive an additional one-pound allowance (NFHS rule 4-5-5).
- Wrestlers are limited to 5 matches in one day (NFHS rule 1-4-3).
- In a one-day tournament with our Sectional bracket, it is possible that one or both wrestlers in the 3rd place match will have already wrestled 5 matches that day.
- No wrestler will wrestle six matches in a one-day Sectional.
- Later this week, the IHSA will announce specific criteria to determine 3rd and 4th place if one or both wrestlers in the 3rd place match have already wrestled 5 matches.
Illinois Matmen will post more updates as they become available.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings